Well, its Friday again, and Kelly's topic this week is baby gear, what worked for you and what didn't. My daughter is 2, so I may leave something out. I have a better memory of what worked well for us than what didn't. I'm not an expert, but this is what worked for us. Remember, every child is different.
Things I could not have lived without
Bouncy seat--This is by far the best thing I owned. I think she would still sleep in her bouncy if she wasn't too big. I had a Fisher Price bouncy I got at Target or Babies R Us. I owned 2 of these. Madelyn had a stopped up nose several times during her first winter and sleeping in the bouncy helped her to breathe better. She never tried to climb out of it, so I was able to use it for a really long time.
Travel system--I had a Graco travel system. I really liked it. The stroller was easy to fold down and unfold. I could do it one handed, so that is a plus. The carseat was a little bigger than most, and it was good until 25 pounds instead of the usual 20. I was able to use it until she turned one, since she had not reached the weight limit or outgrown it.
Bottles--I really liked the Playtex drop-ins system. I became obsessed with germs and everything being really clean when my daughter was born. I loved the fact that I was using a clean sleeve everytime. I also thought it was easier than washing a ton of bottles.
Swing--I had a borrowed Graco swing. It was really nice, and it gave me a few free moments. We didn't use it very much as she preferred the bouncy over everything.
Bassinet--I had a borrowed bassinet. This is probably something that I would not have purchased, but it was nice to have. My daughter was preemie and had to be hooked up to an apnea monitor for the first couple of months she was home, so it was nice to be able to have her close by just in case. However, the pack and play would have served the same purpose.
Things that I didn't really use
Walker--My daughter really didn't like being in her walker. She liked the toys on top, but preferred to be on the outside of the walker. She was so petite that her feet barely touched the ground, so she never was able to make herself be mobile. It was a really cute walker, though.
Changing table--I bought the changing table to match her baby bed, but I could have lived without it. I did use it, but most of the time I changed her wherever we were playing.
Pack and Play--I really liked my pack and play. I had a Graco one that had a changing table on it. I used the changing table more than the pack and play. Its really sad because I thought I would really use it. I don't think it was used enough to justify the cost. My daughter didn't really like being in it.
I never had an exersaucer, bumbo chair, diaper genie, or baby sling. They may be great things to have, but I survived without them.
Well, I hope this list is helpful to someone. Hope y'all have a great day!

No comments:
Post a Comment