Saturday, October 3, 2009

Farming and Hayrides


Today was a very busy day for us. My dad had called and asked if we wanted to ride the combine for a little while because he would be close by. I can remember riding with him when I was a little girl, so we loaded up to do a little farming. She climbed up into that big piece of machinery like it was nothing. She even rode without me.


I thought she might get antsy having to sit still for so long, but she was great. She was very interested in watching everything that was going on. She watched out the front window as the beans were thrashed, she watched the back glass as the bin filled with soybeans, and she watched as the tractor and auger wagon came to empty the combine. The unloading of the beans was her favorite part. It was all so exciting.



Her cousin, Hannah, was there riding too. Hannah is almost 3, so they make good playmates.




After we finished farming, we had the church hayride to attend. This was a lot of fun. I thought we had a great turnout with 3 wagons full of people. The weather was perfect too. We rode up to the park, and let the kids play for a while before heading back to the church for the bonfire and weinie roast.


Madelyn looked so comfortable wrapped up on the wagon that I thought she would fall asleep. She stayed awake the entire time and really seemed to enjoy herself.



Mickey Mouse went with us too!
I hope y'all had a great Saturday, too!




No comments: