Yesterday was a very busy and full day for me. I had two baby showers to attend and we had small group. I forgot my camera, so I don't have any pictures to share.
The first baby shower I went to was for a sweet friend who I am so excited for. I won't use her name because their story is so personal. This couple is in their late 30's and are expecting their first baby, a sweet little girl they are naming Leah. Love it! I am so excited for them, and I know this is definitely a Praise the Lord. They have been trying to have a baby for a very long time with no success and many disappointments. They went through all the treatments for infertility, and we were even pregnant at the same time. Sadly, though, she miscarried her pregnancy. Heartbroken, they accepted that they may never hold a baby on this side of eternity. However, God had a different plan! Hallelujah, I am so glad that God plans are not our plans. This sweet family acquired custody of her two nieces as a result of poor choices in their mother's life. In the midst of getting custody of their nieces, and becoming accustomed to having little girls in the house, she discovered she was pregnant.
She was absolutely beautiful, and I could tell she was so grateful for the gift of life inside her womb. I am so happy for this very deserving couple. They will be great parents.
The second shower I attended was for my sweet friend, Jenny. I worked with Jenny for several years, and I always thought of her as my little sister. I am so proud of her for what she has accomplished in her life. I was at her wedding in 2008, and I could tell her husband adores her. So, I was thrilled to hear they were expecting a little boy, Chandler.
Congratulations to both of my friends! I pray you have smooth and easy deliveries without complications. I pray that both babies are born healthy and happy. I pray that these babies will always know the Lord and walk with Him all the days of their lives. Thank you Jesus for these sweet babies you have blessed my friends with.
We started a brand new small group in our church for young adults. Last night was a test run, so to speak, and I think it went great. We had food, fellowship, and fun. We met at Emily and Drew's house (thank-you for hosting) where we had a meal and small Bible study. I really enjoyed it. This is a great way to get to know people in a more comfortable setting. It is also a great way to involve people who may not normally go to church. The plan is to take turns hosting a monthly meeting of the group, but I am hoping we can begin to meet more frequently.
Wow! What a day! Two baby showers and small group.
God bless!
Sunday, January 17, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment