Thursday, March 25, 2010

Where I have been...

Wow....I just saw that my last post was almost a month ago. I honestly don't know how these other mommy bloggers post every day. I try to spend as much time as possible with my husband and daughter. I also do not want to spend my entire evening, every night, on my computer. Besides, I don't always have something interesting to write about.

We have been very busy lately. These are just a few of the things that have been going on around here....

We are finally beginning to have some pretty spring weather. We have been able to spend some time out playing in the yard which is great. Madelyn and I were beginning to get cabin fever. She would ask me everyday if she could go outside and play. It has been so great to get some fresh air.

The weather also motivates me to get some projects done that I have been putting off. The dreary winter weather makes me lazy. I have been working on getting some closets and junk drawers cleaned out and organized. I am also working on finishing the paint project in my utility room. There are a few other small things I have been wanting to get done, so I am excited that this weather has energized me into doing my projects.

We have also had a death in the family. My husband's Aunt Joyce passed away after spending 9 days in the Critical Care Unit. She was like a mother to him, so it was a very difficult loss for him.

We have also been very busy with our church. We have several events that we are planning, and we have started Dave Ramsey's Financial Peace University. This 13 week course also requires weekly reading and homework assignment. It is a really good study and I am learning so much from it.

Life is so short that I don't want to wake up one day and realize I missed it. I probably won't be posting everyday because I don't want to spend my life on my computer. I will try to post weekly because I want to journal the special things that happen in our life for me. I want my priorities to be in the right place. I'm not perfect, but I am striving for the prize....

No comments: