Madelyn helped me decorate the tree a couple of weeks ago, and I am just now getting the pictures posted. She had a great time playing with the ornaments, and she loves to see the lights and decorations. Christmas is such a magical time for children. She lights up like a Christmas tree whenever I bring out more decorations. Jerry will definitely have to decorate the house next year. He said he wasn't going to put up the outside lights this year because of everything he has going on right now, but Madelyn may change his mind.
I am so glad she is so excited about Christmas. I just want to teach her that there is more to Christmas than trees and lights.
We want to teach Madelyn the true meaning of Christmas because so many have forgotten. I want her to know that Christmas is more than Santa Claus and getting presents. Those things are fun, but we need to celebrate that Jesus was born to save us from our sins. He came to earth in a very humble way in a lowly stable when He was worthy of a golden palace.
I am so very thankful that Jesus is my Savior, and that He came to sacrifice His life just for me. I pray that each one of you know Jesus personally, and that you will celebrate Him this Christmas season.
God bless!

No comments:
Post a Comment