Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Conversations with a 2 year old...


Talking with a 2 year old can be quite interesting (and humorous) at times. Here a couple of conversations I've had with Madelyn this week.

We went to Walmart on Monday and decided to have lunch at the McDonald's inside. She really wanted to go to Cracker Barrel, but that's a whole different story.

Me: Madelyn, do you want a hamburger or chicken nuggets?

Madelyn: Fries!

Me: That wasn't a choice. What do you want with your fries? Chicken or hamburger?

Madelyn: Fries!

Me: I'll just get you a hamburger.

Madelyn: No. I said chicken!


This week Jerry had to go to Louisville for training for his new job. Madelyn asks me constantly where he is. I think she doesn't understand why he isn't coming home at night. We really haven't gotten to talk to him very much due to his classes starting early in the morning and ending late at night. So she asks me several times a day about his whereabouts.

Madelyn: Mommy, where's Daddy?

Me: Daddy is in Louisville.

Madelyn: Daddy in trouble.

Me: No Daddy is in Louisville.

Madelyn: Oh. Daddy in trouble.

Me: Louisville. He had to go to school.

Madelyn: Oh. Daddy in school.

Me: Yeah, Daddy's in school.

I should have said school in the first place. I have her saying Louisville now and it sounds really cute!

Hope y'all have a great week!

God bless!

No comments: